Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday 7 January 2008

Fever and Tantrums

Went for another doctor visit yesterday. This time we went to MIL usual doctor. This is the second visit. The first one was to get medication for Imran to go to sleep during 13-hour flight to London, which did not work!
Afraid that Imran might get worse, MIL wanted me to get second opinion. Well, since my usual clinic is closed for the weekend, she drove us to hers. The doctor was a very nice man. I've heard loads of stories about him from MIL. And his explanation for why we are sick is definitely easier to understand. Unfortunately, his clinic is not in the panel list.
So, I ended up with 4 bottles of medication. The best part is when MIL asks the doctor, is it true that a kid can get fever by missing his father. I was quite surprise she's asking that question to a doctor. Adding to it, the doctor said no. Hah! This is interesting. According to him, missing someone does not cause fever, what will happen is that his 100% crave for attention will go towards the people left with him. ME! In Imran's case, his fever is caused by his excessive phlegm. He gave me a tip to help Imran with his phlegm. Put him on my lap facing down. Make a cupping with my hand and start beating his back softly. This is to get the phlegm to how do I say this... what did the doctor said... hmm.. let's see... soften? Hehe... So it's easier for Imran to cough it out. I didn't know I need to do that. Imran has been having this problem for quite some time. And to my surprise, the respons from MIL. She said she did the same thing with Hubby and BIL. Ceh! How come I was not told about this.
Now my problem with Imran's fever is dealt with. But not his tantrums. MIL told me not to let him cry or whine. Arrgghh! It drives me crazy just to listen to the advice. I've got work to do. I can't just go along with whatever Imran wants as and when he demands it. I may not cook or do any housework chores in the house. But I do have my laundry shop and Hani to handle. Imran needs to know that his tantrums does not go very well with Ibu. He needs to learn that Ibu got quite a fiery temper. But how do I teach my kids when I can't even raise my voice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same prob last time. I shdn't show my temper in front of my parents' and my inlaw. But I did anyway, coz Faeq needs to know who is the leader of the pack. Of coz, my inlaw saw and heard little of it, while my parents' heard more of the ending part - the cryin part, in which at one time, when he cried after being scolded, there's always someone who wants to comfort him. Then everyone got scolded by me and Zen himself. Hahaa...have to have to. It's for the kid's own good anyway.