Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday 5 January 2008

Celebrating 2008 without Abah.

Yeah.. yeah.. new year.. new year.. Happy New Year to All....

Not a very good start for me though. First of all, Hubby is still in London. Another 2 months to go. With him not around I have no choice but to be with kids 24/7. (Except during toilet breaks and shower.. hah!) Well, the price I have to pay for my decision to quit working and be a stay-at-home mom. Is it worth it? Still early to tell.. hehehe...
Another problem I have to encounter right now is Imran missing his Abah terribly. New Year's eve, his temperature went up. There was no sign at all he was going down with fever. When I tucked him to bed, his body was hot. I called my MIL. Fortunately Hani did not have any sleeping tantrums. So I had time to wipe his body just to lower down his body temp. He woke up the next day with a seriously grumpy mood. Since it's new year, our family clinic is closed. So, MIL ended up driving to BB2 and went to the clinic next door to our laundry shop. Lucky for us there were not many patients. Hani was not making a fuss, so MIL took her while I had to carry Imran. He was too weak to stand. Doctor checked his temperature.. 38 degree... Fuish.. No wonder he''s weak. Doctor gave him anal medication to lower down his temperature. He was too weak to resist... Went back home, fed Imran, gave the rest of his medication, put him in bed. That was 4 days ago.....
Now, his fever is gone. But his fear of being left has gone from bad to worse. I can't leave him for more than 5 minutes. He'll start screaming and crying for me. At first I thought this is the effect after being sick. But MIL shared her theory. He starting to miss and realized Abah is not around and is not being able to inform that he is missing him. Therefore, the one thing he can do is to make sure I am always around and does not leave him at any point of time or for any reason at all. Haiyaarrrkkkk! I know I've been warned of this situation. But I thought since Hubby has gone for 3 weeks already, Imran would be okay for the rest of the trip. Boy! I can not even imagine what I am going to go through for the next 2 months.
This week I have not been spending much time at the laundry shop. I have actually leave the shop to my 2 loyal staffs. I only go there to collect cash. I don't like staying at home either. So I'm stuck in between. I have to spend time at the shop, but I can not stand the part where I'll be screaming and scolding Imran for misbehaving or throwing tantrums every time he wants something. I can't scream at him with grands around. The shop is where I can actually tell my kids, NO means NO! But it's not good for business. I'll be chasing customers away if they keep hearing me screaming.
By the way, after reading sha's blog, I noticed something. I have not thought about potty-training Imran. He used to tell me he's done. But now, he fell asleep with u-know-what in his diaper. I know, I know, gross and not hygienic. When you have a 4 months old baby and a 2 year old toddler, you tend to expect the toddler to grow up a little bit. Hahaha.. That is just so wrong.

2 comments:

deathBerry said...

umm.. you know... there's this thing called yahoo messenger with webcam... that might help imran a bit, i guess.

anishussein said...

Here I was thinking what does YM with webcam got anything to do with potty-training. Turns out its for Imran and Abah.. hahah!
We do have video call using Skype. Its just Imran is not so interested in having that kind of conversation. :D