Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday 12 March 2009

So here it goes...

I have an Indonesian maid. She's from Jawa Timur. A 35-year old lady with 5 kids. Age range from 16 to 2 years old. She has been here for a year plus. Don't really know what happened to her previous employer though. MIL said it was something about she had been treated badly by the wife. Nobody can clarify that anyway. So just have to take her words for it.
Anyway, yesterday her probation starts. As of now, we're sending her together with the kids to MIL. MIL will be screening her for us. Since the main reason to get a maid was for someone to take care of the kids. I'm not too keen on the idea of leaving the kids alone with her. Especially we found out Hani is kinda scared of her. I wonder if somehow Hani feels that she's being abandoned by me and MIL when she saw the maid. You can never tell with kids. Somehow they have such an incredible sense that we would never figure out. I just hope this will be a temporary phase. MIL has been having trouble keeping both Imran and Hani in control. They have already started to bully each other. It won't be long when they'll gang up to bully the others.
As for the maid, she's okay. It's still too early to tell. I really hope I don't have to send anyone back but the decision is not mine to call. It's up to my kids. If either one of them doesn't feel comfortable with her, I might want to try out playschool for Imran. Where the heck can I found one within walking distance from MIL's place?
Oh by the way, our maid's name is Halimah. She calls me, IBU and Hubby, BAPAK. I'm wondering how confused will my kids be when they hear BIBIK calling me with the same call name as theirs. Hmm... should I change to Mom instead? Hahaha!

1 comment:

AR said...

Well, for now you can tell them that Halimah is a long lost eldest daughter ;-)