Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday 2 December 2008

All grown up

It's my dad's birthday today. 2nd of December. I know someone has the same birth date as him. My best friend's son. Hehehe... Huge age gap there.
Let's see... today my dad turns... hmm.. 55 this year. supposedly retiring next year but with the sudden promotion plus transfer, he has another 3 years to go. I was wondering when he's going to stop working for good. For someone like Dad, he would definitely be restless if he's not working. I'm not sure about the money though. I knew he has savings, but according to Sis, his money has been drained out but that's just a speculation. She just happens to see the statement of his bank accounts. Maybe I should ask her which bank she saw? Hahaha...
Everyone has problems. It's a matter of how they deal with them. Run away or just keep your head up and settle them. Unfortunately there are those people who tends to get someone to settle the problems for them. Especially when it comes to money. I can understand how people can have bad financial situation at one point. But it just pisses me off when they expect someone else to come to the rescue. I'm not talking about newlyweds or just become parents kind of situation. I'm talking about a family whose kids are all grown up. Living in their own house, driving luxury cars where all kids have their own. For those who can have driver's license of course. And still have the guts to come to their relatives and ask for money due to the humongous debt on their shoulders. Why in God's name would anyone in their right mind would want to help these people? Oh wait... because it's the right thing to do.
Anyway, I'm not saying that we shouldn't help our relatives when they're in trouble. But shouldn't it be a lesson too for them? They would've thought of changing their lifestyle. But no! They went on living their life as if nothing has happened and went back to their debt. Don;t they watch Suze Ormon's Show on CNN? Till debt do us part in Discovery? Guess they don't. Those people ended up selling their house, cars and everything they have just to get out of debt and avoid declaring bankruptcy.
All grown up doesn't really mean all grown up. There are lots of grown up people acting as if they are bunch of youngsters where they can turn to someone for money. Specifically cash! Growing up takes a lot more than just adding numbers to your age.
I'm going out of the context already. Hahahaha...
Happy birthday Dad!! Don't worry about me! I am happily married to a grown up man. Though it's nice to know there's still a naughty kid inside that very young heart. Love you Dad!!

No comments: