Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday 10 December 2008

How do you deal...

with people giving you advices which you know perfectly well does not really suits your belief?
I believe that my children will be alright even though they have yet to talk properly, potty-trained and most important is the part where it has been quite an issue for me personally. To get him to behaved in public. Heheh..
Truth be told, I know Imran can be a handful sometimes, especially when he's bored. And when he throws tantrums, that's just about it. He just won't give in. Especially when we're going out either window shopping or grocery shopping. His wailing would definitely drive strangers crazy and start giving me the what-kind-of-a-mother-are-you look? I don't blame them. Seriously, I don't. Lucky me though, Imran often scream because he's bored. Not because his demands were ignored. He'll start of saying he's sleepy and wants to take stroller ride. Even though Hani has already occupied and sleeping soundly in it, we will quickly give in because no one wants to carry Imran. Haha.. poor boy! But what happened when we forgot to bring the ever so loyal stroller? That's when war occurs.
My mom has been nagging about potty-training Imran. She brag about how she trained me and my siblings to be diaper less by the age of 2. Who doesn't want their child to be rid of diaper? But I surely not going to push Imran to do something he doesn't understand. Honestly, I'm having trouble teaching him what 'kencing'(pee) is. When I put him on the toilet to pee. He kept saying 'takde kencing! takde kencing' (there's no pee! there's no pee!). Even if I kept him for quite sometime, there was still no pee. I remember when we had to collect his urine during a check-up for his high fever, it took us around 2 hours to get it. He really knows how to hold his pee that I can say. When a mother shared how it took her 4 months to trained his son. I know I'm alright. I'm definitely still a good mother. Hahaha...
Another issue is, kindergarten. For heaven's sake, Imran is just 3++ years old. I'm proud to say he can recognize alphabets and numbers. He can even write some of them. And it didn't stress me one bit to get him to sit down and write. Not once. I did try to get him to sit and write sometimes but he gets bored quickly. Never force. Just ask. Has yet to teach him sums. Hahaha.. There's nothing wrong with early education. But not to the extend they have to worry about exams at a very young age. For your information, he has starts to recognize arabic letters. How about that? Hehehe..
So please people, just let it go. As long as Hubby agress with my method of raising our children, I highly appreciate all the advice but try not to question why I don't do it the way you see fit. Because as far as I know, Hubby and I are still their parents.

No comments: