Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday 8 January 2009

Suze Orman's 2009 action plan

I got this from watching Oprah's Best Life show on Hallmark. I got hooked with Suze Orman when my MIL introduced me to her show on CNBC. Just love how she kept saying "NO!!" to ladies who spend too much on luxuries when they're not suppose to. Hihihi...

1. Do not spend any money for one day.
2. Do not use credit card for one week.
3. Do not eat in a restaurant for one month.

One lady could not agree to the third plan. I couldn't agree more with her. Why..? I can get very sick of my own cooking! Hahahaha....
I can stop myself from spending any money for one day. Haha.. Just wait till I get hold of my own money. Wonder what damage I will do. I definitely can live without using credit card for more than one week. Plastic money only for emergency cases. Remember when Hani was admitted to PMC Klang for 3 nights? Had to borrow MIL card because mine had exceed the limit. Hubby was in London. Definitely need a higher credit limit for those emergency expenses. Don't be mistaken, she does have insurance, but had to pay and claim later.
But the part of no eating outside for one month.. I really wanted to give that a try. Especially once I started working. Wanted to see if I can discipline myself to bring food from home. There are loads of one-dish recipes out there. Just need the time, discipline and obviously the gadgets to do so. Haha.. another excuse for shopping? There goes my financial plans!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anis! Back-to-work? Good luck! My experience was ok la, after 1+ years. Ada one event yg i remember, my boss was this psycho type, but i mmg set the expectation that I will always go back on time bcoz i have a kid. then one month into work, he made our team stay back to work on this tahpahapa thing, aroud 9.30 baru balik. masa tu my hubby takleh balik awal, so my kid was stuck in nursery. and i cried all the way while driving from cyber to her nursery... rasa guilty teramat and sedih sbb she was still breastfeeding waaaaa.. but everything turned out ok. Oo another thing to share, masa i tak keje, i had a maid but i couldnt trust her with small kids (susah nak cari maid yg ok skarang), so when i went back to work, i sent her home and alhamdulillah found a good nursery. so all turned out well.
More relevant to this topic > i mostly bring food for home, salads sbb nak diet (konon!). itu tak challenging sgt sbb simple enough to prep in the mornings. But be warn, after a long day's work + traffic, its quite tiring to cook. *sigh. planning (i plan a week's menu in advance) very important, simple dishes are also the way to go. itu pun ada gak miss kalau dah lambat sgt balik.