Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday 10 January 2009

There goes my shopping spree...

Hahaha... NOT!
I have yet to even start my job when another dilemma decided to drop by. It is something both of us have actually put into consideration. But never expected it to visit this soon. MIL requested for us to apply for a maid. We have been discussing the matter of her taking the kids and definitely have put some consideration that she would not be able to handle them with her current condition. Don't get me wrong, she's an angel. She truly is. But for someone with a soft heart to take care of my ever hyper kids would definitely drive to her physical limits. Especially since Imran have started the tendency to bully her baby sister. Of course Hani can defend herself. But both of them would start to wail like no ones business and that would definitely drive everyone crazy!
So, I am already contemplating on how to save money in order to be able to pay for a maid. The initial plan to get a job was to pay my student loan. Which unfortunately have accumulated quite a sum of arrears. Then comes the expenses of commuting to work. Tolls, gas, food etc. Then the car we're about to buy for me. Just some cheapo car will do. But still, the monthly payment? I would like to be able to pay for it. Can't just blindly depend on Hubby. He's already paying for the house, Hilux, insurance, not to mention my make-ups. Hahaha.. seriously. I really do want to help.
We're not a big fan of spending our money for luxury things. We don't shop at boutiques, we don't eat at Tony Roma's because we chose not too. We chose to prepare ourselves with a better future. (I know.. I know.. yada yada.. just bare with me okay? This is MY blog..) Am I wrong for not sending Imran to a well-establish kindergarten just because I feel there's not need for it? He can still learn to read and write at other kindergartens. Hubby and I graduated from Tabika Kemas. And proud of it. As for Hani, I'll let her decide on what she wants when she can.
As for the maid issue, we have deliberate (hah!) and decided to go for it. MIL's trying to get one locally but I'm pretty sure none is available. Most probably we have to settle for foreign aid. I'm not too keen on having a live-in maid but MIL wasn't too keen on nurseries. Hehehe.. Hubby became the tie-breaker and decided on maid. Good for him! I just pray it wouldn't take too long for us to get the right one.

1 comment:

Zana Fauzi said...

I'm so proud of you. This is what mommies' blogs should be made of - prioritizing children & stressing that you don't want to depend blindly on the husband. Most of what I've seen are filled with pictures of their shopping & baby goods on the bed (sebab nak ambil gambar la ye) and thanking their husbands again & again for letting them splurge using their husbands' credit cards.