Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday 15 January 2009

The value of money

Hubby and I went scouting for maid agencies today. We were shocked to learn that the initial cost has gone up to RM8k. And the monthly pay has increased to RM550 a month. Some even charge more for younger maids. If it's not for Hubby's tie-breaker, I would have opt for nurseries.
I can't believe the cost of hiring a maid has gone up so much within 4 years. I read in random forums that people used to pay RM350 a month and the initial cost of booking and processing documents was around RM 4k. That was few years back. With fuel price fluctuating, cost of living has definitely gone up higher than average. Maybe there will come a point where people can't afford to have savings due to a lot have been spent on daily needs. Food, clothing, basic needs which require an average of 80% of your monthly pay.
I worry about the future. Sounds a little cliche? Of course. I'm already preparing my kids for the future. I want them to be able to enjoy themselves without the financial burden. But how can I guarantee the financial freedom when all that we see is financial debt increased within seconds. I'm not a financial expert. Obviously! Hehe.. But I do know the difference between the 'want' and the 'need'. I want that so-called slimming program but what I need is to spend 30 minutes on the treadmill. FYI, Hubby bought a treadmill and it has been unused for few months now. I used to run 30 minutes a day. And Hubby saw the change. But somehow I got tired of the regime and quit! Hahahaha... But that's another story.

Cause we are
Living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl
- Madonna's Material Girl lyrics...

No comments: