Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday 27 May 2008

Landlords vs Tenant

Sounds scary? It's not. But It does drive me crazy up to a certain point.
Last few months. I think it started in February. Ms F came to the shop asking me to put her name on our rental cheque payment. At the time Hubby's in London and he has already wrote post-dated cheque for me. With name and amount. It was agreed previously that the name on the cheque would be Mr J. When I asked her why? This was her story.
Apprently Mr J is trying to force her to buy off her share of the property by using the Power of Attorney(POA) document Ms F signed during SNP. It seems that Ms F has released her power of decision to Mr J. Plus there's a court case ongoing with another tenant. Fuish..!! According to Ms F, Mr J is a sneeky-sly-dirty-good-for-nothing man is trying to con her out of the property.
Hmm... will this be a problem to me and Hubby? Of course it will. Because 2 months after that, Mr J called me to speak to Hubby. This time to tell us his side of the story. Unfortunately I was not interested to know the whole story. Not because I believed Ms F. Just because ignorance is bliss. Hubby went to listen and get the whole thing settled.
According to Mr J, Ms F is half right. There is a court case ongoing. But not because he tried to con anyone. It's just another case which is not related to ours. Well, he's right about that one. So what about us? He told us that he wanted to buy off Ms F shares of the property. But Ms F is not willing to let go. However offered him a price to buy off him at the current price. Whilst Mr J wantes to buy at the purchase price they originally paid. (Note: Property value went up.) (AIYA! KES REBUT HARTA LA PULAK!)
Anyway, now that Hubby left me with a blank cheque, it's up to both of them on how to reconcile or do something that does not give me a hard time. Ms K called saying that everything is okay and I should keep her name. When I called Mr J, he told me he'll be coming to see me with a letter to reduce rental (he promised Hubby) and ask for his name to be on it. Hah! Guess which one I'll take.
This ongoing battle has nothing to do with me and Hubby's tenancy agreement. So, we do not take sides. We're on our side. Call us selfish. But hey! Business is business. We'll take whichever offer that serves us better.

No comments: