Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday 22 October 2008

The case of low self-esteem

That's right. Though some of you might disagree with that, I do have a very serious problem with self-esteem. I know I can do better. But somehow I need others to give me the boost in order for me to have confident in myself. Unfortunately Hubby is not exactly a cheerleader type. Hehehe...
I've realized this ever since I was in school. I wanted a position but when given the opportunity, I immediately backed out. I chickened out right after the first interview. At least I went for the interview right? Wrong!! At some point people would vote for me. But I would find my way to avoid the responsibility. The one thing kept going through my mind, 'What if I screwed up? I'll let all these people down.' Then I would definitely have a complete emotional breakdown. Might as well I give up. Huhuhu...
So now, I'm having the same situation again. I know I can handle the task. But being surrounded by people with much more experience does not give you the right motivation. Anyway, Hubby has been trying to get me involved in something. Well, this is something I could do. If only I could make some new friends. Preferably around my age? Perhaps? Hmm... It could really give me a boost. See, I'm definitely doomed. I know what I have to do. I need to buck up and just give myself a pat in the back and talk to myself. Hahaha...
Dang Anis! Get a grip will ya?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this something to do with you being the deputy secretary of the home owner assoc.?

Alah rilek la Anis, just go with the flow..org tua2 layan cara org tua2..hahaha..but of course having people the same age as us around would make things easier to communicate..at least ada la geng kan..

but don't worry you can survive, after all you have survived 2 pregnancy, brought up 2 kids, living with in laws for years, managing one laundry business and having hubby away on work for weeks..apa la sgt setakat attend meeting and layan macik2 tu...ahahah..

anishussein said...

Hahaha.. good thought MQ! Thanks!
These people are professionals. Successful businessmen, very intimidating!
Then again, none of them would be able to survive the things you've mention. Not many men could do those things. Hahaha..
Kembang hidung aku!!!