Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday 4 July 2008

The Holiday

Quotes from The Holiday
Arthur Abbott: Iris, in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.
Iris: You're so right. You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god's sake! Arthur, I've been going to a therapist for three years, and she's never explained things to me that well. That was brilliant. Brutal, but brilliant.

As I'm typing this entry, I'm trying my best to watch The Holiday on HBO. I've watched this movie I think for the 5th time but it still cracks me up. I don't remember when I started watching all these chick flicks movies. I do remember when I was younger, I loved action movies. You know, the one with hard-a** kicking and loads of gun-shots. Hehe.. Guess I've mellowed down after all the years of caught in between being a girl not yet a woman. Huhuhu...
What I remember is going to the first movie at can't remember was it TGV or GSC cinema in Mahkota Parade, Melaka with my friends. Yeap, my first trip to the movie was when I was 18 years old. Haha.. kinda pathetic ain't it? My father does not allow his children to go to cinema back in our home town due to the poorly managed building and especially the location which has a very bad reputation. And my first movie..? Jurassic Park 3!!!
There were three of us and I sat in the middle. My father told me to. And we had a major blast watching that movie. Everytime those raptors jumped in the screen, we would scream and laughed our heart out at each other for being such a scaredy cat. Hahaha.. Even made the gentlemen sitting nearby wonder what in the world could be so funny to these three girls. I really enjoyed my first movie trip.
To my friends, I really missed those days. Nowadays, we're busy with careers and families that I sometimes forget those lovely memories that we have had during our single years.
I wonder when can I get an all-girl outing? Without the kids. Am I selfish for wishing that?

3 comments:

saimaria said...

Selfish for wishing to have an all-girl time? Thats not selfish cik puan Anis. Mothers need that all-girl time to stabilize their emotion, it is much better for kids to have a mother that have stable emotion :) so do it for your kids sake...

Anonymous said...

ko pegi ngan anim ke? hihi

anishussein said...

sai : thnks for the advice. but it's not easy when u've been taking care the kids since birth. abah diorg pun aku x bape harap.. hehehe...

db : bukan anim.. hehe