Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday 19 July 2008

Not good enough

Today was a mixture of good and bad day for us. Got buyer for our huge dryer and Hubby already booked a 1-tonne lorry for transportation to Cheras. Lorry was 2 hours late. Not good! 4 workers came to help us move the dryer. Good! No traffic jam on the way. Even better! No tantrums and wailing from the kids. Huwaaa.. this is going to be a very good day. Or so I thought.
When we arrived at the location. There was a couple of gentlemen waiting for us. Obviously they have thought of the weight and size of the dryer. Well, it took, let's see, one, two, three, no it took 7 men to carry the dryer inside. While the men managing their way through the ordeal I was having a chat with the lady of the laundry station. Business partner and wife.
The couple have a 3-year old son born premature at around 6 months. He was very small compared to Imran who is 7 months younger. He (the son) had gone 5 different operations before the age of one. I did actually understand what the whole procedure is about but something about his urinal organ which was not fully developed as well as his lung. When a baby is in the incubator for a long time, direct breast-feeding is impossible. Especially when the baby is extra sensitive to the environment. However the mother sis try give her son EBM. What p**** me off is when she told me the doctor told her to stop EBM. ***??!!! Reason gave was her BM did not have enough nutrition for the baby. I was having an image of smacking the doctor but maybe.. no... even if the milk is not enough there's always other doses of FM. Can you imagine how dissappointed the mother? "My milk not good enough for my baby??" To make matter worse, due to no direct BF, she ran out of milk within weeks after the birth.
I can't tell you how sad I was when I heard her story. Right now people are having campaign after campaign to get mothers to BF. And here is a doctor.. I can't continue.
My house chores not done yet!!!!

p/s: I fully BF my kids. Tough I'm not such a big fan of tandem nursing. I weaned Imran when he was about 1 and half year old. I was 5-6 months pregnant with Hani.

No comments: