Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday 7 July 2008

Potty Training

That's right. I'm currently in training with my beloved son in potty training. We're both in training. Our favourite trainer? Hahaha.. Loads of advice from people who have done their share of potty train.
I'm not exactly in a hurry to train Imran. But I've received complains and kinda discouragement from people which stated Imran is old enough to be trained. Well, guess what. I don't think he is, but I'm willing to give it a try. So, here goes.
I started taking his diaper off during the day on Monday last week. I've already made sure I've got my loyal mop and pail ready for cleaning up any accidents. Fair enough we did actually had a few. By day 3, he has learnt that whenever he wets his pants, he'll go straight to the toilet, takes off his wet pants and started cleaning himself. Wow! I did not expect him to clean himself, but he actually did a good job. Of course his t-shirt got wet as well. There was this one incident though...

Me: Imran kencing ker? (You peed again didn't you?)
Imran: Takde incing.. (No, I did not)
Me: Apsal seluar basah? (Then why are your pants wet?)
Imran: *looking at his wet pants and shrug* Takde incing.. (No, I did not wet myself)
Me: Cheh!!!
**He did wet himself. Just having trouble to understand the wet stuff was his urine. Huhuh...

Today he still wet himself. I've got to admit, I don'tthink its time for Imran to be potty train and I was about to give up. But today he did something new... While realizing he was urinating, he quicly dashed towards the toilet shouting.. *Incing.. Incing..* To my horror, there was urine all over the place. Lucky me it was easy to clean. And Hani did not stray along the floor. Otherwise all three of us would've end up in the shower.
I really want him to give up his diaper by his third birthday. Any bright ideas I can use...?

2 comments:

Karen S. said...

I would try potty training rewards. It worked great potty training our son. He loved pushing the button hearing he is a Big Boy and opening a door to find a chocolate surprise. He really became involved. He was peeing and pooping in his potty within a week. I know every child is different, but have a look and see if this would work for you. www.pottytrainingrewards.com

Gwyneth Paltrow said...

You must read Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro by Teri Crane

Everyone is talking about throwing a "potty party" to potty train a child. I was so desperate, I was willing to do anything. Her book outlines 10 themed parties. What kid doesn't love to play and pretend? All my mommy friends have successfully potty trained their kids with her book too.

Honestly, when I first learned of this book, I thought NO WAY! Maybe this would work on a little girl, but NOT a BOSSY, 2-1/2 year old BOY. NO WAY! Guess what? It REALLY WORKED!!! Teri Crane SAVED MY SANITY!!! Her book was easy to read, funny and extremely helpful. I can't thank Teri enough. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to EVERY parent. It will save you much grief and frustration. Potty training shouldn't be difficult, we as parents make it difficult because we don't know what to do. Teri teaches you. Buy the book, it's the best money you will ever spend

Most amazingly, I had some questions, so I called the author, and she CALLED ME BACK!!