Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Exhausting weekend

The trip to Melaka was not exactly a blast. The location of hotel was perfect. However the condition was not. It's kinda too good to be true kind of hotel. M****A Hotel was located right in the town. A walking distant to Bandar Hilir. Eye of Melaka, Rivercruise, A Famosa, etc.. But the condition of the room waas so dissapointing. Yes, they provide mini fridge, LIMITED coffee and tea facility (by LIMITED it means 1 3-in1 sachet of instant coffee is provided free, additional is charged), clean room and surprisingly okay bathroom. Anyway, with a whopping price of RM160 a night, I'm expecting a good breakfast buffet the next morning. The buffet was terrible. Nasi lemak, fried mee, baked beans, chicken sausages, fried egg, porridge, and toast. And they serve the kordial juice in a plastic jugs!!!! If I can list the buffet menu in 2 lines, that's just plain horrible. There's no milk, and obviously no cereals. Even the tea was weak. I mean seriously, they were too dang stingy to drop a couple of tea bags in the pot.
Apart from the hotel disaster, we has a blast spending most of our time trying to get walk through the town and survive the traffic. We took the Melaka rivercruise. It was a so-so experience. Imran was excited at first, then he got bored. Can't wait to jump out of the boat. and Hani was jelous of him because he get to sits besides me. Haha.. seriously, she is jelous every single time I gave Imran a little bit more attention tha required. Then we had our late lunch at a seafood restaurant and had the most spicy fried kuey-tiaw I have ever eaten since I got married. I'm a chili eater but nowadays I've mellowed down on the hot and spicy food. I'm not going back to that place.
After walking for another couple of hours, we decided to find Mahkota Parade. Hubby was convinced we were getting closer to it. I was not. But my sense of direction is not to be trusted at any time or place. So we walked back to the hotel, thinking of driving, when Hubby went and asked to reception guys about the direction. And guess what, we were seriuosly close that it was such a waste of walking back to hotel itself. And after quite a delibetaion, we decided to go for it. We walked to Mahkota Parade. At that moment I knew I'm going to have blisters on my toes. I was walking in 2-inch sandals for hours.
Stayed at the mall until closing time in Anakku boutique to get a new stoller. Imran's buggy finally has given up hope of surviving another brutal adventure. I wanted another buggy, but Hubby insisted on a stroller. It's easier for me to travel with the kids using a buggy. It's lighter and easier to fold. A stroller is heavy and definitely bulky even when it's folded. Since Hubby's paying for it, I'll just let him choose which one he prefers. I just hope the buggy can still be fixed. I need to use that when I go to the park.
All these happens on Saturday. I have excluded the wedding part though. Not that interesting anyway. Heheh...
On Sunday, we went to Nilai!!!! Hahah.. It's the parents time. By this time I was already wearing my RM3.90 thongs bought in Tesco. Did not do any help at all. Spent quite a lot there. After exploring all the shops, we ended up paying for 3 different size rugs and 2 bamboo mats. Wanted to get a console table but none was good enough. Or contemporary enough. Hehehe..
I was actually hoping to get a large japanese-like table for the kids. Obviously I'm looking at the wrong place. I just hope I'll find it soon. And small kabinets for the play area. Guess we're off for another IKEA trip.

1 comment:

Zuraimah Ismail said...

amboi..shopping IKEA aje..:)
by d way, I got an award for ya...p la tgk kat blog aku