Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday 31 August 2008

Cooking during Ramadhan??

I've bought four books to help me dealing with what-to-cook-for-dinner dilemma. And it just hit me that I have to cook two complete meal for 'buka puasa' and 'sahur'. Haiyak!!! All these years I have my dad and my FIL buying food from Ramadhan Bazaar. This year it should be Hubby's turn. Unfortunately with his work travel as well as shift, there's no time at all for that.
The usual event during Ramadhan was my mom would be on one-month break from cooking. Because my dad will be on his mission of buying any exotic meal he could find at the bazaar. Back in my hometown, the bazaar was a food heaven. And the microwave was our BFF(still our true BFF). So there was no need for my mom to cook. Except for rice. Hehehe...
When I was still living with my in-laws. I definitely did not do any cooking. I was plain lazy. Hahaha.. Not really. Even she doesn't cook unless she feels like it. It was my turn to see my Hubby's dad go on his food hunting. Huhuhu.. It's not so bad here but the menu is quite repetitive after one week. But still all right. Heheh..
UNFORTUNATELY for me, all this food hunting at the bazaar did not go down to Hubby. He would rather have a simple meal rather than going through all those decision making and the human traffic. Once I asked him to buy fried kuey-tiaw, he actually asked me where should he go to get that? Arrgghhh!! He was already making up excuse what if he couldn't find it? What's my next choice. My answer was... nevermind. I can understand his unwillingness to go through all the hassle and haggle of deciding what to eat, how much should be bought and which meal is for 'buka' and which for 'sahur' and so on. Well, guess what I'll be doing for the next 30 days? Making a one-week menu plan with deadline every Saturday. Grocery shopping every Sunday. I just pray that Hubby will never interrupt with my grocery shopping plan. Hahaha...

5 comments:

deathBerry said...

Anis, jangan malas masak... hehehehe :P somehow this made me remember the story u told me abt ur mum yang tak suka org lain kaco masa dia masak... was it like that...?

Anonymous said...

hahah good luck anis! I know the frustration in getting husbands to buy food, so i rarely suruh hubby except kalau i can give specific instructions. Else, its easier for me to just cook, sardin pun jadi la.
Nak share recipes? Remember the nasi ayam iera buat dulu? Well, I've come up with a simpler and still tasty version, yg senang giler nak buat.
And abt ur books, u can also find amazing recipes online.

Anonymous said...

aku mmg on leave sebulan ramadhan ni..tambah lagi dah boyot2 ni, tak larat nak berdiri lama2 kat dapor..utk bukak posa n sahur aku nak beli je apa2 kat pasar depan ni..selamat la masak utk sekeluarga :)

anishussein said...

dB : hari2 masak woo.. lunch pun kena masak.. takkan nak suap cereal jek kat anak aku.. huhuuh

nina : same goes for my hubby, specific instruction tu xde sgt kut.. hehe.. haa.. easy peasy nasi ayam.. Imran loves nasi ayam.. tapi tatau nak buat yg simpler nyer.. share laa!!!

mq : alo mak buyung..bila due??

Anonymous said...

i use chicken stock terus:

Nasi - masak cam biasa, tambah chicken stock (cube or serbuk) with halia + garam sket

Sup - more chicken stock + chicken balls, daun sup and bawang goreng. Garam as needed.

Ayam - dah clean tu, tuang kicap and sos tiram + crushed garlic skeet je air, rebus slow fire (or besar sket kalau nak cepat tapi kene jaga la), then goreng (takyah lama just to shine je, kalau lama kang keras). No garam needed.

Veggies + sos (pakai lingham hahah). Kicap from leftover marinade ayam, tambah as needed.

Bleh siap in half hour for family of 4 :).