Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday 15 August 2008

What's the right age, then?

Relatives has been asking me when to send Imran to kindy. The truth is I have been terrified of the thoughts of Imran bringing homework at the age of 4. Kindies nowadays are far more advance that the one I used to go to. They have specific subject to teach the kids. Some are very academic. It's not wrong but somehow I feel like it's a burden to push little ones to so much on education that they lost track of being a child. It seems everyone is chasing the best school for their kids. Not that I'm not. It's just to what extend would I sacrifice my child's time and life just so that he gets the best education I can afford?
When I see kids of 4-6 year old carrying heavy set of bags, it really disturb me. I didn't carry a bag nor books to kindergarten. No schedule to memorize. I just simply get myself ready and walk to kindy. Yes! I walk to school at the age of 6. And I only went to kindergarten for one year. Not 2-3 years. I believe I turned out all right. Hehehe... I had a blast being a kid. Climbing up trees, coming home late to my dad waiting with a belt in hand to 'punish' me, laughing at my sister for getting bitten by some caterpillars, a race of the loser end up with 'pacat kat kaki' and loads of games which require brain and muscle. There were some strategic games we played. I don't really know what they call it nowadays. The one with two team of players with three slippers put up together. Nevermind. Even MIL having a hard time listening to my childhood experiences. Huhuhuh....
So now the question is when do I start looking for the right kindergarten for my children? Imran has learnt numbers but still having difficulty recognizing alphabets. Not because he's slow or any of that such. I haven't thought of making a daily activities yet. *grin* He has started to be interested in drawing things. Especially copying the way Steve in Blue's Clues drawing clues in his notebook. He got my temper. Hahaha.. But I'm really, and I mean really, really proud of him being able to sit down and finish his 48 pieces puzzle. Hihihi.... Reminds me to get him new set of puzzles. He's bored with the ones he has right now.

1 comment:

Zuraimah Ismail said...

hmmm ape kata ko try wat homeschooling aje...bleh refer kat mamafiza or mommy2H nye link kat blog aku...mesti lagi best..:)
aku nak wat...tp dont think i can quit my job at the moment..so..kene anta pi skolah gakla...:)