Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday 29 September 2008

Family gathering....?

Ever since I got married, I rarely see or visit relatives from my side. We don't really have family gathering unless someone is getting married or passed away. Sad isn't it? Even for Eid, I know I have trouble keeping yup with family visits. But I can easily remember Hubby's family. Even their birthday months. For close family of course. And here I can barely name my own cousin from my dad's side. Hahaha...
My dad has 5 sisters and 3 brothers. One brother passed away few years back. All together 10 siblings. I have around 50 first cousins from my dad's side. Some of them has gotten married and have children of their own. My mom's side? 7 siblings from her mother and I think another 6 from her stepmother. Forgive my ignorance. Not exactly my fault. Hehe.. yeah right, Blame others. Anyway, I have around 30 cousins from her side. And of course they have also got married and have children of their own.
I know I should keep strong ties with family. But it's not easy when when you have that many to keep up with. And not to mention those who doesn't want to have anything to do with you. Yes, I have that kind of relatives, too.
Sometimes I envy my MIL's family. They have family get-together almost every month. Usually to celebrate birthdays. I can remember their birthdays and not my cousins. I can barely remember what year they were born. How sad that is. But I know I'm not alone. I know I'm not the only one who's unable to remember their cousins name let alone their birth year. Unless I have someone who can create a database for their personal details, I don't I will ever know. Hahaha....
I wonder if someone were to initiate family gathering for my dad's side, how would that turn out? Definitely need a very large place to accommodate loads of family. Hmm...

2 comments:

Zuraimah Ismail said...

Aku pun sama aa anis. Hub's family on his mom's side always have kind of family day event. Despite of weddings, kenduri doa selamat..etc they are also have vacation together. Their bonds are very close n tight.

As for mine, my mom's siblings tho the number is 10, but we seldomly met due to there are in Singapore...:) my dad siblings..not so happening...rarely visit them..dont talk about birthday..mmg xtau pun...:)

Zuraimah Ismail said...

eh by d way...I was dropping to wish ya Selamat Hari Raya Aildilfitri...will call ya if we pay a visit to Klang ek...:)