Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday 24 September 2008

My Choice: BF Part II

Ever since I started full BF to my babies, there has been a mixture of opinions from the so-called expert. Some say my babies are not getting enough nutrition due to the lack of milk intake. Just because I only gave them BM and no formula for their first year, they tend to judge my children according to their size. And now since Imran has turn 3 and he weigh around 13kg, I still hear comments about him not getting nutrition from the early years. For goodness sake I really wanted to give them a good smack on the head if I can. If the doctors say my babies are fine. Then they are fine. Yes my kids are a little bit small in size. compared to some children their age. But so was I during my younger and smaller years. What about some children who had to loose weight on doctors advice? Should that be a more worrying matter than picking on my kids?
I know this lady. She's a housewife. She can cook and she can sew. She has all the skills to be a homemaker but decided it's too tedious and energy consuming. The family sole income comes from husband's pay as a factory worker. They are blessed with 4 beautiful children. Out 4, she only BF her third because he refused formula. (Good for him!) She chose not to BF because... just cause. Despite the insufficient income she decided it's not convenient to BF her children. Only God knows how I wanted to strangle her and give her a good shake just to get through her thick skull.
I know mothers out there who are trying very hard to get BM. Trying advices and tips from elders and experts on how to increase supply. From shark's fin to papaya leaves. Modern supplements. And here is this lady who just chose not to BF her children just because she doesn't feel like doing it. To make matters worse, they just bought whatever milk they can afford. Because they don't have enough money to get the best. Well, I can't say or do anything now. They're children are all grown up. I just hope I don't meet others like this. I think one family is enough. If you can BF your children, do so. And if you can't afford formula, why in the world would you not BF your babies? With price hike coming every second, think of how much money you can save by giving you baby the best milk Allah has given us as mothers.

2 comments:

saimaria said...

:) i think u should smack those people who said that your children are small coz of BF. hehe actually the size of children is genetic, the food effect the size only when they getting bigger (7 y.o and older). it is not good to have oversize or overweight 2 & 3 year old kid. healthy is no 1, size is no 10 (in priority) so anis, lapangkan hati and pedulikan apa yg org kata asalkan u tahu anak u sihat and happy :)

Anonymous said...

I pun fully BF jugak, more than 2 years lak tu, a few months sementara nak get my daughter weaned. Once u get used to it, best kan? Its soooo convenient not having to bring bottles n formulas, packing to go on outings is so easy. And I love feeling my baby close, skarang ni rindu pulak the feeling *sigh.
Ooo, plus easy to lose weight, no need to exercise and take all those diet stuff. Makan je pape yg rasa nak makan, and let the baby drink it all out eheheh.