Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday 23 September 2008

My Choice: BF

Ever since I started my daily routine of blog-hopping, I have come across loads of opinions and comments about breast-feeding. Some were educational while some turns out to have very cruel comments for non-BF mothers. I can't judge those to made negative remarks because it their own opinions and hearsay.
I was brought up with Dumex (Membesar bagai johan!). My mom ran out of supply after a few months of giving birth. I'm not sure why but it happened. But to make do of her being unable to BF me, she never once fed me instant baby food. You know, all those nestle products. 4-5 tablespoon mixed with warm water and walla! A very nutritional food for your growing baby. Huhuhu... She will make sure I eat what she cooked. She was a working mom and still going strong. She was the one giving a full support to continue BF when some people just say bluntly that it's not enough. She was pretty well educated with the benefits of BM even though she didn't have the chance to that for her children. I'm proud of my mother for giving me the support I needed. I was in pain when my son, Imran, refused BM during his first few months. He was first fed with formula because no one told me I can request for BF. Of course Hubby was there too. She insisted that I fully BF my babies since I've got unlimited supply of it. Haha.. seriously. I have to where breast pad even when I go to sleep or I'll end up with milk pool on the bed sheet. Hahah... GROSS? Bare with me. Once he was hooked on BM, he completely refuse the bottle. When I say bottle, I mean bottle. So no formula, no EBM and the hardest part, no water. I had to spoon feed him with water. Due to this problem, I taught him to use straw bottle as soon as possible.
As for getting sick, I can't say Bfed babies does not get sick. Hani was admitted for 4 days in PMC due to viral fever and she's fully BF. Imran rarely fallen sick. A few case of high temperature but nothing that couldn't be dealt with a panadol syrup. Hihihi... He hates the coolfever stuck to his forehead.
I weaned Imran when he was around 20 months old. I was not so keen on tandem nursing. I don't exactly know why. Heheh.. Plus people been telling me not to. The elders I mean. I personally was not comfortable with tandem nursing. But I applaud to those who does. They got courage to do so. I just simply chickened-out. Hahaha..

2 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

A little bit of opinion here: It irks me a bit when people tend to judge the mothers when they stopped BFing - taking the assumption that it's the mother's choice not to breastfeed the babies and people keep saying it's impossible for milk supply to run out. Hence begin the tips of sup sirip yu (correct me if I'm wrong), prunes and whatnot.

What if despite ALL the effort, the milk supply is still insufficient? Possible kan? It hurts me when people say, "Eh engkau anak lembu tak minum susu badan emak."

anishussein said...

Wow! I didn't expect a comment from you regarding BF. But hey you got it right sweetheart. I couldn't agree more.